Utah Christian Education Institute (UCEI) provides UTCH member families with a private school umbrella under which they may educate their children. Some of the reasons UTCH members may choose to operate under an umbrella school include:
- A desire to be free from public school interference in the education of their children.
- A desire to avoid legal problems.
- A desire for help in keeping appropriate records.
- A desire for accountability within the body of Christ.
In section 53A-11-102, Utah state law requires home school families to prepare and submit an affidavit for exemption from the compulsory attendance law. With enrollment in a private school, submission of an affidavit for exemption and contact with the public school district is not needed. UCEI serves home schooling families through this private school option. All the enrollment requirements and all the necessary paperwork have been formulated with the assistance of the Home School Legal Defense Association.
- UCEI is only available for UTCH members.
- UCEI's required forms include a pre-enrollment application and upon acceptance, an enrollement packet consisting of a proposed course of study with academic goals, projected attendance, immunization records and proof of membership in UTCH and HSLDA. Forms required throughout the school year are: quarterly progress reports, and an actual attendance record submitted with the final quarter report and copy of standardized test results.
- Standardized Testing of child(ren) starting at 3rd grade and subsequently in grades 5th,7th, 9th and 11th grades. Submit results to UCEI.
The yearly registration fee is $30.00 per child, with a maximum of $100 per family if registered before the 15th of September. After September 15, yearly registration is $35 per child with a maximum of $115 per family. This is due and payable at the time of enrollment.
For further questions or to request an enrollment packet go the contacts page and send an email to UCEI.
Utah Christian Educational Institute (UCEI) is a members only service of Utah Christian Home School Association (UTCH) and policies and prices are the sole discretion of the Board of Directors.